Capture moments through music.
- We wanted a cooler way to store memories than just pictures and videos
- For many, music serves as a timestamp, allowing people to associate certain emotions and ideas with songs they're listening too at the time
- We thought, "What if we could combine this intangible grasp of time, with the powerful ability to geotag maps?"
What it does
- Reverie attaches music you are listening to during a trip to the location you are currently at. Upon tagging a location, you can also enter more details about how you feel at the time.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
- Difficult to understand documentation
- Learning a new API, and connecting it with multiple other APIs
- Managing git feature branches and merge conflicts
- Working together when all our body clocks were off sync
- Finding a well supported music API that could let us access recent music
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- It's a fully functional (kinda) web app
- UI and Design were not harmed in the making of the hack
- Got an MVP that we iterated and improved on
What I learned
- Learned how to use APIs, experienced the dangers of callback hell
What's next for Reverie
- Release an iOS app