It has been shown that children are effective adopters of new technologies, and therefore are usually the driving force behind an entire community changing its attitude. We therefore wanted to start with an impact at the local level, working closely city schools and local businesses in order to change their attitude towards recycling. Our vision is a smartphone app in the hands of children that will open the dialogue for everyone.

How we built it

We built the prototype in HTML/CSS and Javascript

Challenges we ran into

Due to the time constraints and our inexperience as app designers, we decided to present a working prototype, that also allows for more flexibility.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

This was our first front-end project, and for some of us the first time using version control. We are proud of having produced an MVP.

What we learned

It was very satisfying to go from zero to a functioning prototype in less than 36 hours

What's next for Saving Marlin

-More games and educational features -Spreading the word -Personalising the interface

Built With

Share this project: