Over a TA meeting, professor showed a really bare bone office hour scheduling app one student made. He looked at the features of the site, decided it will be a useful app, however, there are a lot more features he wants that could be implemented improved upon. We decided to take the professor's suggestions, and some more features we would like on a scheduling app, and turn it to our current project, Save A Grade.
What it does
This is a website with the purpose of allowing students and professors to organize office hours for classes.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
- Getting the Calendar API to work efficiently.
- Handling a complex relational database.
- Trying to stay awake for 36 hours. ## Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Solving (or at least making an effort to solve) all the above challenges. ## What we learned
- Calendar APIs are hard.
- Sleep is important.
- Time constraints are a factor when tackling a project. ## What's next for Save-A-Grade
- Generate more data.
- Making it more user-friendly.
- Selling it to professors and implementing user suggestions.