What it does
How I built it
I referenced plenty of programs that essentially replace words on webpages with other words and tried to edit it to fit my needs of censoring webpages. I first learned to make a very basic chrome extension and then tried to work off the public github source files.
Challenges I ran into
I could not understand how to break down a webpage's elements into nodes that are readable. Once I was able to implement existing work to run a walker to read all the words in a webpage once it's done running it finally worked.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
I was able to read and understand other people's work from github and manipulate it to do what I wanted it to and understand the formatting for the regex that is used for the searched words.
What I learned
What's next for SalemCensor
Possibly extend the library of words to search for to extend to all the popular words and variants of spelling.
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.