Setting an actionable financial goal is hard, not to mention reaching it. This is often because tracking the progress is difficult in long term and it is hard to see the immediate effects/hard work is not appreciated.
What it does
A money saving app with roadmap functionality to give the users a visual representation of their progress towards their financial goals and, based off user variables, how much they need/can save to reach that goal.
How we built it
We started with brainstorming several ideas. We decided to work on a developing a roadmap to achieve a financial goal. The tech stack we used include: Jira for task management, Figma for developing the prototype, React Native and Expo for the mobile app development.
Challenges we ran into
- connect a database to the mobile app to store user information
- collect user into a submitable form
- switch between pages
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- designed a gamified user experience
- explored EXPO as a convenient platform to simulate app in Apple IOS
What's next for Run as a Cat
- have a functional database and query the base to construct a live leaderboard
- Adding more themes according to the financial goal of the user