The inspiration comes from trying to make something useful and fun for augmented reality.

What it does

It helps others to solve rubik's cube.

How I built it

We simply developed our own image recognition codes and run against our logic structure to solve the rubik's cube.

Challenges I ran into

We tried to find AR resources/SDK/API but we could not find any.

Accomplishments that I'm proud of

We actually managed to do image recognition in a live video thread, which we are proud of. We also managed to render 3d object (rubik's cube) in object oriented programming.

What I learned

More about the handling of Augmented Reality, and more about Android's structure

What's next for Rubiksolver

We want to improve the image recognition so that wherever the cube is we can recognize it.

Share this project: