Inspiration

The theme of the project was board games. The royal game of Ur is an amazing strategy 2 player game. The rules of the game were deciphered about 5 years ago and the game isn't popular. To promote the ancient games, I created this game of 20 squares.

How I built it

I used the game engine Unity to build the game, Unity uses C#. I found out images of the board from the internet and recreated it in Unity with the help of photoshop. The rest was just code, bugs, and debugging.

Challenges I ran into

There is a lot of logic and movement physics involved in this game, Altho I couldn't make the movement system as I wanted to, I am pretty satisfied with it.

Accomplishments that I'm proud of

I am proud that I completed the game in less than 10 hours and it turned out pretty well.

What I learned

I learnt a lot of logics and implementations and more C# and Unity.

What's next for Royal Game of Ur

Improved Graphics, Online hosted multiplayer, an AI computer opponent and a Neon version as well.

Share this project:

Updates