Example of a Listing
There often comes a time when I really have trouble finding good ways to plan nights when I am on the road. Sure I could use popular solutions such as Yelp, Fandango, and a ton of other sources but those usually require me browsing a lot on the internet. routru is a solution that allows one to do their travel even planning with the aid of locals combined with API solutions.
What it does
There are two type of users that can use routru:
- Local Travel Gurus: These users are the ones that are knowledgeable about a location and really know things such as the best places to eat, best points of interest, etc.
- Casual User: These users are the ones who want to do their travel night planning, and are looking for places to stay.
- Casual users can interact with travel gurus, and browse the website for travel information regarding food, movies, and hotels.
How I built it
- I leveraged multiple APIs such as the Yelp API, Google Places API, Twilio API and TMDB to gather my data.
Challenges I ran into
- Fusing various pieces of data together such that they make sense cohesively.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- This was my first project I completed by myself at a hackathon.
What I learned
What's next for routru
- More community functionality, support for favorites, and content modification.