This is a project we've been wanting to do for about a year now, and we figured the hackathon was a good chance to do some R&D and work out how feasible it was as a project.
What it does
It's a system that helps people and program robots.
How we built it
We each looked into different parts of the control structure.
Challenges we ran into
Poor documentation, faulty hardware, over-expectations of some hardware.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
Fantastic levels of R&D achieved, with a first prototype of the software and (briefly) an autonomous driving robot. We came up with example rigs for interfacing with USB controllers, 4 different micro-controllers and via 3 different communication protocols.
What we learned
The limits of some of our hardware, where we're going next, what works and what doesn't.
What's next for RoboPad Prototype
We tinker away with it until it's ready, then we'll give it to some of our friends who're interested in using it, then we'll start distributing it properly.