Are you tired of indecision (:question:) or disagreement (:collision:) when it comes to a group journey? We have a solution for you!
What it does
RoadTripBallot is a web-based app for recommending places to visit on a :car:. Recommendations are based on a majority rule (i.e. the so-called democracy). To use this app, simply load it in your favorite web browser.
How we built it
- Posted on GoogleCloud
- Data storage with Google Firebase
- Webpage design using React
- GoogleAPI for mapping## Accomplishments we’re proud of* Building a web app in less than 24 hours!
- Becoming familiarized with React in some way
- Data science is in everything
- Leveraging multiple APIs
- Real-time update of API
Challenges we encountered* Working with
- Typing one character after 12AM
- Integrating GoogleAPI into React
- Structuring data into Google Firebase real-time database## What we’ve learned* Learning React and GoogleAPI
- How to use Git collaboratively
- Collect user data for machine learning