Students are often wondering where and how to get research opportunities with professors, but often don't know what to do or how to approach faculty. So, our teams idea was to simplify that process by creating a professional social media platform where students and faculty can interact!
What it does
Given the time constraints, we were able to allow a user to access the site hosted on a Firebase web server, and log in. Once the log in button is pressed, a profile model is displayed.
How we built it
We decided to use Angular and Firebase to build our project.
Challenges we ran into
Our four group members are completely new to app development, Angular, and Firebase, so the teams learning curve was vast to say the least. Because of which, most of our time during the Hackathon was spent trying to learn these technologies, and only had about a half a day to actually try and develop our project.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
We were stoked to finally be able to deploy our app to a server, because that took many, many long hours because of our inexperience with the technologies, and trying to fix errors that occurred with them.
What we learned
We learned how helpful Angular can be when developing apps, but also how complex the process is.
What's next for ResearchLink
We are definitely looking forward to implement the functionality of ResearchLink so that our users can actually be able to create their own profiles and interact with each other.