- The topic of misinformation
What it does
- Our project shows you real and fake headlines.
- You are given points for every fake headline you correctly selected, and deducted points for every true headline you eliminated.
How we built it
- We built a back-end server with Flask and built a front-end with React.js.
Challenges we ran into
- Figuring out a concrete idea with the topic of misinformation.
- The grammar for the fake sentences made no sense at first, so we had to figure out a way to create some consistency.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Generating sentences that nearly make sense.
- A clean, semantic UI.
- That we finished it in the time frame!
What we learned
- How to connect a Python-based back-end to a React front-end (taking information from Python code and showing it on a web-page.)
- How to scrape headlines from various sources
- How to collaborate on a team coding project
What's next for RedHerrings
- Possibly more Hackathons?