For the last two years, I've been running a TeamSpeak 3 (VoIP) server and online community from a computer at my house. Today, for the first time, I met one of my users, Chap, for the first time, and collaborated with him and a friend of mine, Akshay, on a project to add value to the online community. We decided to write a TeamSpeak 3 bot that would record audio data, text chats, and metadata for the purpose of archiving the more interesting parts of our conversations. We decided going into this hackathon that we wanted to learn as much new technology as we could practically fit into 36 hours. To this end, we wrote our backend in Clojure, our frontend in ClojureScript/React, and our database is Datomic. With very little experience using these languages, I am honestly surprised we managed to create as much functionality as we did. The As far as key features, the fact that it exists is probably the best.

Built With

Share this project:
×

Updates