The project attempts to create a productivity app that allows users to focus on reading and also keep track of the books they're reading, have read and want to read.
How We built it
- The team first decided to think about the basic tasks required to get the project started and created a project board.
- We met to discuss the app's UI flow and what our app should actually do.
- We implemented all our tasks, helping each other out along the way.
Challenges I ran into
We ran into numerous issues due to our unfamiliarity with React Native and getting Relay set up. At one point, we had to set up our mobile project from scratch for a second time as Expo was not using our Babel and TypeScript configurations, which caused our Relay integration to fail. This explains why our mobile project is in a "mobile2" folder.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
We were optimising our hackathon project for learning, and so although some of our team members were already familiar with certain parts of the stack, we chose to let others work with those parts instead so that they can gain some experience with them. This was a major source of delays for us, but we are glad we did this.
We also came up with a very neat set of 4 labels to prioritise our tasks.
What we learned
We have learnt a lot about the Github best practices and got a better understanding of React Native and integration of React Relay with React Native.
What's next for Reader
We will be adding the lock phone feature which will obviously lock your phone to avoid any kind of distraction while reading your book.