We, at Zenithech, believed that in order to tackle the challenge, a comprehensive solution was needed that would include:
An app for the person at risk for suicide which provides them with helpful resources, safety plan and appointment information (ReachZ).
A companion app for the care provider to work collaboratively with the person at risk in order to formulate a safety plan/follow-up appointments and share it with them using QR Codes (ReachZ Companion App).
ReachZ is a personal tool that enhances the continuity of care and follow-up for a person at risk for suicide. The app integrates vital resources, reminders and safety plan information to create a positive environment and help save a life; because we think, “Life is beautiful”.
- ReachZ provides helpful information to the person at risk, based on their current feelings.
- Flexibility to either create a safety plan directly on the smartphone or scan the safety plan from the care providers ReachZ Companion app using industry standard QR Codes.
- The safety plan information integrated within the app provides an enhanced experience.
- It provides easy access to contact the Suicide Prevention Lifeline using various options such as Call, Text and TTY.
- It also provides access to Social Media resources such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Youtube.
- It also provides easy access to the Crisis Center / Treatment Locator.
- Intuitive user experience.
- Easy access to Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Safety Plan creation/integration using industry standard QR Codes.
- Appointment integration with native calendar & reminders.
- Crisis Center/Treatment Locator with geo-location and click-to-call.
- Social Media Integration.
- Multiple device support (currently iPhone & Android smartphones) with easy expansion to other platforms.
- Insights into the app usage with emphasis on Warning Signs and their past occurrences.
- Offline access to safety plan and other useful resources.
The ReachZ Companion app provides physicians/care providers a simple and intuitive tool to create, store and share safety plan and appointment information with their patients.
- ReachZ Companion app helps care providers maintain and share patient information such as Safety Plan and Appointments.
- The safety plan information captures and stores details about the following sections for future reference:
- One thing worth living for
- Warning Signs
- Internal Coping Strategies
- Positive Distractions
- Contacts (Personal & Professional)
- Making the environment safe.
- Transfer Safety Plan and Appointment information to the corresponding patient’s ReachZ app using QR Codes.
- Intuitive user experience specifically designed for tablets(currently Android).
- Patient, Safety Plan & Appointment maintenance.
- QR Code generation of Safety Plan and appointment information.
- Ability to tag patients as Veteran.
- Care Provider Profile Creation
- Automatic addition of Care Provider details in the Safety Plan.
- Automatic addition of Emergency Contact in the Safety Plan.
- Email Safety Plan as PDF.