Inspiration

The videos helped to open our minds to the problem. We found that the lack of human resources would be the main obstacle to mapping species and identifying animal trafficking. In addition, the little knowledge about documentation and the lack of recognition of the sites with the best information was a determining point for our choice. Finally, a crucial element that inspired us was the possibility of mixing responsibility and admiration, through beautiful pictures of wild animals.

What it does

The app is a social network aimed at animal photographers, NGOs, institutions and interested people to assist in the mapping of several national species. With the publication of a photo together with the location, a database would store this information and make the association of all the entries allowing the elaboration of a map that after a data treatment could be useful to identify displaced species (susceptible of a research in the region), endangered species in a situation of vulnerability, ecosystems with certain species of research interest and others. All users would be aware of the sharing of their location data and that this data would be sent anonymously, however the most consistent with the guidelines, would have their profiles verified and their data would have greater value in the mapping. Within the app there are still tabs for supporters, who want to acquire responsibility for the national fauna and an environment specialized in complaints with telephones, websites and other pertinent information. From moderators, it would be possible to analyze suspicious behavior of individuals within the network and identify possible invaders, keeping information and the community protected. The most interesting part is that anyone could use and publish photos of animals, these people being made aware of the content released by NGOs and experts, learning more about animals and the trafficking itself. Finally, it would be good for the promotion of NGOs and CETAS, adding possible financial contributions to those interested.

How I built it

The screens were created with online software (Marvel) to propose the design for the app. The codes in Angular and Ionic would require greater advances and more time, however we have verified the possibility of realization and it is relevant and simple.

Challenges I ran into

The biggest challenge was to identify the personas that our app would target and what would be the best approach so that at the same time that the app had awareness features, it would also be interesting to invite people to participate.

Accomplishments that I'm proud of

We believe that our app is aesthetically satisfying. It is pleasing to look at and at the same time welcoming, it has a serious and responsible tone. The choice of colors and fonts are also pleasant elements.

What I learned

The group learned a lot about the trafficking and the difficulties in fighting, we also know more about the pitch and facilitating elements of creating projects and elaborating them. We are aware of new prototyping platforms and a network of people concerned with the cause who do an incredible job and often do not have public recognition.

What's next for RAWR Connections

The next step is the development of the code for the project and the necessary modifications to adapt to the limits imposed by the software and devices. In addition, an important point would be in the form of correct disclosure to reach the target audience. An important point is to verify that there is no other language even more ideal for the elaboration of the project.

Share this project:

Updates