Each election is a struggle since government representative information isn't readily available.
What it does
Allows people to enter their zip code and to see who represents them in their state/national government. They can then rate how well their government representatives are performing and list/see what they and others like/dislike about their reps.
How I built it
Everything was built on the Wix platform.
Challenges I ran into
- This was my first time building anything on Wix, so I ran into a lot of beginner problems.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Becoming somewhat proficient on Wix.
What I learned
- It's pretty convenient to deploy a nice looking app on Wix.
What's next for Rate your Rep
- Implement the natural language processing component on the representative page that identify the key things that people like or dislike about a representative based off all the reviews submitted about them. Right now the key terms are just hard coded.
- Grab data from trustworthy sources like the FEC to give more information about representatives, such as who their donors are.
- Actually show the right likes/dislikes of a representative in an infinite horizontal scroll view. Right now it's just hard coded.
- Right now the rating system doesn't check if you voted and allows unlimited votes, need to update it so that you're only allowed 1 vote per person.