Wordle is a web-based word game created and developed by Welsh software engineer Josh Wardle, and owned and published by The New York Times. It is a very popular game and has been played all around the world. The Wordle is good but for people who wants to play more than ones have to wait each day to get a new word. Also when the word is found in end, many of them are complicated and hence have to browse it for the meaning. So I made Random Wordle.
What it does
Random Wordle game is very much similar to original Wordle and the UI design is also similar. The only difference between them is that, Random Wordle will provide the meaning of the word at the end and the game can be played unlimited times. We can also see beautiful confetti shower when you guess the word right.
How we built it
The basic UI and the design of the wordle is been used from this repo. What I did was to use these three APIs
- Random Word API link
Used for generating a five letter word.
- Free Dictionary API link
Used to validate the user entered word and get the meaning of the word.
- Confetti canvas API link
When the word is guessed right, confetti shower is popped up.
Challenges we ran into
There were a quite lot of challenges. For me, these were as follows:-
- Connecting API's so that they work smoothly.
- Adding Toast (popup when incorrect word is guessed) and modal (when game is over).
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- A fully working and completed project.
- Using more than one API for first time.
What we learned
What's next for Random Wordle
- Adding keyboard and key input for various devices.
- Making website more responsive and more beautiful.
- Adding more features in future.