Easy to use tools to manage and use NIST data.
What it does
Our submission is an App that comes pre-installed on every mobile phone device - the SMS text message app. You can search the following data by texting: 720-466-7598
- SRD121 - CODATA Constants
- SRD111 - Ionization Energy Data
- SRD144 - Atomic Weights and Isotopic Compositions
- SRD13 - JANAF Thermochemical Tables
This product uses data provided by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) but is not endorsed or certified by NIST
- "?" - receive help
- "c planck" - search constants
- "e boron" - list energy levels
- "iso helium" - search isotopes
- "tc carbon" - thermo-chemical tables
Our submission isn't just a text message App - rather it is a full data stack that provides both the SMS access as well as data management capabilities available at the Geode Systems NIST Challenge Site.
How I built it
Some coding and scripting was required to convert the NIST JSON data into RAMADDA's import format but otherwise the work was primarily a data model definition (some simple xml) in a NIST RAMADDA plugin.
Challenges I ran into
Normal ETL challenges. Hard to keep this at 250 words.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
An SMS UI can be pretty useful.
What I learned
Lots of data out there and lots of ways to use it.
What's next for RAMADDA NIST Reference Data
Figure out where to take this.