For years, when I was trying to come up with a name for a project I would run a relevant keyword through google translate, hoping that whatever "sounded cool in German or Swahili" and I saw that there was no tool to do multiple translations.

What it does

It takes your keyword and translates it into more than 30 different languages and checks the availability of the So if you were looking to make a site for chairs you would see:

  • Swahili
  • Polish
  • etc.

How I built it

I used flask, the bing translate api, and sockets

Challenges I ran into

Accurate translations, speeding the thing up, and checking the availability of the domains themselves.

Accomplishments that I'm proud of

My atrocious retro design! Some hacky things I did to to speed up translations (guess who now knows the English languages most common 1500 nouns in all the languages)

What I learned

A lot of ways to say chairs! How to play with Bing Translate in a _ post-google-translate-being-free _ world

What's next for

I'll add more TLDs and add some favoriting functions!

Built With

Share this project: