According to SDG goal 16, the Goal’s aim is to "Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels". Security has been a major problem in our major cities in Nigeria; people get to rob, kidnap and assault every day without the victim being able to get instant attention or any hope of getting rescued.
What it does
RAC(Report a crime) is a crime reporting app built for the purpose of reporting crimes, having easy access to emergency numbers and getting to report crime real-time. RAC is a platform that allows users in critical crises to alert trusted loved ones at the instance of the occurrence. With RAC, victims get to alert their trusted individuals, organizations in real-time. With a shake gesture, the app can be operated and the victim can get a message across to the trusted helper.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
Accomplishments that we are proud of
- Ability to provide a real-time alert to trusted individuals, organizations.
- Ability to provide real-time location update and footage of the mischieve
- To provide evidence against the criminal, perpetrator.
- Instance share to email, WhatsApp or any social Platform.
- Ability to implement an object detection model for video analysis.
What we learned
The hackathon gave us a chance to do something we aren’t accustomed to doing on a regular basis, I gave us an avenue to research and collaborate as a team.
What's next for RAC
I believe after this hackathon RAC will go live and people can start using the app.