The inspiration for Quotidia comes mainly from my own struggle to commit seriously to daily writing. The benefits of such a practice are clear: creativity, self-expression, idea capture, brainstorming, emotional well-being, etc. More writing in the world means more revolutionary ideas, more works of art and hopefully a greater number of contemplative people in general. Any one of these would be a potent force for good in the world.
Existing electronic solutions tend to be overly complicated and lack the features I require for my own use:
- entries automatically organized by day with effectively infinite storage
- motivational mechanisms: logging of word count and consecutive day streak
- configurable daily reminder push notifications
- mobile to enable capturing ideas whenever and wherever they occur
- the ability to browse to and export existing entries