We all have watched those thrilling quiz shows where the contestants have to eagerly listen and press the buzzer first to answer.So we've decided to create a similar experience for you to play with your friends.
What it does
Quizzy Pi is a game of quiz that you can play with your friends.Currently it is capable of playing with 3 players and a host.The host will be moderating the game and alloting points for each right answer.You can play with/without the hardware.But playing with the buzzer is much more fun.So we've created a buzzer system similar to those in TV shows but with a twist.We have made buzzers out of Ultrasonic Sensors so you don't have to actually touch the buzzer in fact smash the around above it :D .
How we built it
- We created a webpage which will fetch random general knowledge data from API and then display it.
- You can not only see the question but also on click of a button you can check the answers too!
- We added a feature to enable the users put up their own name.
- We have used a raspberry pi and interfaced 3 HC SR04 sensors to act as buzzers.
- We have made a webpage for the frontend and used key-binds for each players. So that this can be played without hardware by allotting each player with the key in the keyboard.
Challenges we ran into
- Getting the suitable difficulty level questions was quite a bit of a challenge.
- Initially we thought of using pygame to build the hack but ended up leaving that because we found that it would be nice if build a webpage and also achieve dual functionality.
- Interfacing the HC - SR04 was a bit challenging because the output voltage from the sensors where to reduced using a voltage divider network.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- We are super excited that we could implement the hack as planned
- Met new people and worked together on this hack
What we learned
- The design we made, the presentation and theme.
- The learning and using of hardware as well as software.
- Learnt about HC SR04 sensors and its interfacing
- How a voltage divider works.
What's next for Quizzy Pi
- May be use LEDs and push buttons to create a classic buzzer game