With the rise of live interactive video we saw the opportunity to create a gameshow application that allows Twitch broadcasters to turn their viewers into gameshow contestants.
What it does
It allows broadcasters to add in their own Trivia Questions and run game-shows with their audience in multiple modes.
How I built it
We were a team of students and engineers that built the extension and then continued to develop it after we graduated.
Challenges we ran into
- Getting the app to scale with 1000s of users but we currently scale up to 35,000 per stream.
- Keeping all the users in sync, even if they are using multiple devices and browser windows.
- Developing the Extension to work on mobile.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Watching large streamers using it weekly.
What we learned
- Learnt Node & React with no knowledge at the beginning of the project.
- Developing AWS systems that can scale.
What's next for Quiz Kit
Putting in monetisation, adding more game modes and improving our current features!