Once we read a topic we need to make sure if we actually understood the topic. This custom skills help us practice and make sure we actually understood the concept. Watching computer all the time might be tiresome. We can just close our eyes and let Alexa ask us questions while we answer those.
What it does
Ask quiz questions from the database of quizcollecitons.com on variety of topics. We can use this to practice for quizzes, exams and just to increase our General Knowledge.
How I built it
quizcollections.com was build using Node.js, Express.js and it's hosted on a Linux sever. The web service for Alexa is built using ASP.NET C# and hosted on Microsoft Azure. It makes API calls to the quizcollections.com website.
Challenges I ran into
Figuring out how to handle JSON request form the ASP.NET web service.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
I am proud that I was able to make it using ASP.NET for which documentation was rare.
What I learned
- How voice assistant works in general.
- Handeling JSON request and response
- Creating then interaction model and creating schema
- I was new to ASP.NET so I learned how the ecosystem works and how to create web services
What's next for Quiz Collections
- I am workin on OAuth now. Once it's done, user can connect this to the actual website and track the history and keep their score recorded.