This webapp is Inspired by lovely Math/CS professors that think we all have time to typeset our homework!
What it does
Quick Notes is an online note taking tool that takes advantage of the cleanliness of markdown + LaTex while trying reducing the pain of tediously typesetting nested \fracs,\sqrts,and \Sigma's with sub/super scripts via myScript handwriting recognition!
- Meteor.js - Full-Stack Web Framework
- Semantic UI - Front End Framework
- Markdown/LaTex - For note writing
- MyScript Handwriting Recognition - Used to reduce the amount of LaTex written by converting handwriting to LaTex
- MongoDB - User Accounts + Online Notebooks
- Infinite refresh loops caused by reactive variables and login issues (solved)
- Integrating MyScript api's for handwriting recognition took awhile because it was my first time using it
- Creating Undefined Notebooks (solved)
What I learned
This was my first big hackathon and I really enjoyed myself and the environment of hacking space. I was able to learn how to use MyScript api and became more familiar with MongoDB
What Is Next
I am looking to use tessaract (handwriting ocr) in order to allow users to upload prewritten notes into Quick_Notes. Further, I would like to create a way to use the trackpad in a more tablet-like way for handwriting.