This Pandemic has affected a lot of people, especially students. We believe in the power of the community. In this quarantine time, millions of people all over the world are in lockdown and staying in their homes. A lot of them are working on awesome open-source projects, but might not have a way to share their progress or receive help from others. Thus, "Quarantime" is a social media platform for people to share their projects, connect with other developers, and make opportunities available to the community.
What it does
- Share their stories during Quarantine time, helping the community by making them aware of the opportunities available (both during and after lockdown) that they might not be aware of.
- Open-source the projects that they have worked on, be it at Hackathons, School projects, etc. so that other students can collaborate & learn in addition to helping the project grow. This will increase community engagement among students and promote the open source culture.
How I built it
- Technologies we used:
- Semantic UI React
- MongoDB Atlas
- Apollo Server
- JWT (JSONWebToken)
- GitHub for collaboration: issues, pull requests
Challenges I ran into
- Integrating frontend, backend, database all together using cloud
- Deploying the application's server as well as client
- Both the issues were fixed and the app is fully functional, deployed
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- A bit of learning curve was involved but managed to learn and implement things such as Apollo, Cloud Database, etc.
What I learned
- Integrating React with backend with database in cloud and deploying the app using a proxy.
What's next for Quarantime
- Implement a chatroom feature (PR WIP)
- Use Relay (PR WIP)