How it works
- Plug in the battery!
- Turn on the radio controller!
- Twiddle some levers!
Challenges I ran into
- Shipping speeds out of Hong Kong are completely unpredictable!
- Design before you build!
- No magnetometer! Yaw-axis measurements are, consequently, comically wrong.
- If you're not careful, interrupts can rewrite your data halfway through a read!
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Actually built and programmed a quadcopter in high school
What I learned
- Basic control theory! Copter control code implements a naive PID loop for motor output
- volatile keyword in C!
- Experience with interrupts and hardware-level programming! PWM, I2C, all that good stuff.
- Implementation experience with circuits and sensors!
- Making sense of hardware schematics!
- Sparkfun is rad!
What's next for quadrotor
- 3D-printed MKII that will hopefully enable aerial photography!