Queueing really sucks. Imagine you're at a ball with your friends, but you have to spend the whole evening standing in queues to get drinks and food.
This is a universal problem. Why should you have to wait in line, when you can be chilling somewhere else and hanging out with your friends?
What it does
QueueJump queues for you, so you can get on with having a good time. You can order what you want, and we'll send you a notification when you're at the front of the queue, so you can just go and pick it up without having to wait in line.
How we built it
QueueJump is built with React with a Django backend.
Challenges we ran into
- RoR was hard to work with, so we had to do a last minute switch to Django. Luckily we're such adaptable and multifaceted developers that switching was no problem, and you can even say it was a joy to do!
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Reaching MVP stage and very nearly launching
- Grappling with new technologies
- A product that actually brings value to the world. A world with less queues is a happier world.
What we learned
- The power of teamwork
What's next for QueueJump
- We're launching this summer and bringing QueueJump to Oxford
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.