Make it easier to keep track of the stuff that you purchase in store, and provide an easy way to find recipes for the food you buy.
What it does
Stores your grocery inventory in a database and allow tracking how much of each food item you have left in your fridge. Also allows you to search over 1.5 million recipes.
How we built it
Built with NodeJS, Express, and CouchDB for the backend, and KnockoutJS, Bootstrap, and jQuery for the front end.
Challenges we ran into
- Submitting this on time
- Keeping our project scope reasonable
- Staying awake for 24+ hours coding
- Resolving a minor version control disaster
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Created a resilient and working product
- Learned a lot along the way
What we learned
- Building front end web apps with MVVM patterns
- Building REST APIs to interface with the front end