This project was developed during MHacks6 to import class schedules from Purdue's website into Google Calendar. This is tested and working for students at Purdue University West Lafayette campus as of September 2015.
Why Purdue Calendar (PurdueCal)?
- Get notifications straight to your phone when class is about to start, via the Google Calendars App
- Google Calendar Events will recur until the course is over
- Easy access to helpful information about your class
- Official course name, CRN number and course level
- Directions to your class (campus, building and room number) via Google Maps
- Professor's name
- Number of credits earned
- Download the PurdueCal Chrome extension, once it is installed you should now see a green download button in your browser toolbar
- Login to MyPurdue, click on the 'Academic' tab, on the left sidebar under the heading 'Schedule' click on the link 'Concise Schedule'
- Click on the PurdueCal green download button located in your browser toolbar, you will be prompted with a download
- Import the downloaded file (by default 'MyPurdueSchedule.txt') into Google Docs
- Download the PurdueCal Google Docs add-on
- Click on the 'Add-ons' menu in the imported Google Doc, hover over the PurdueCal add-on menu, click 'Export to Google Calendar'
Made by a Purdue University, West Lafayette Computer Science student! Contact the creator Eric R. Aguilera