We were inspired by the UN Sustainable Development Goals 11-Sustainable Cities and Communities, 16- Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions, and 17- Partnerships for the Goals. Social Capital, Community, Volunteerism, Altruism, Philanthropy. Bitcoin Cash has the power to transform the world and how we connect with each other.
What it does
Agencies and organizations post what they need. Volunteers search for opportunities posted by agencies and organizations by name, location, cause, interest, job or skill. Currency is distributed by time from check-in to check-out. Currency is accounted for through the app mining meter at a set rate. Leaderboards are posted on App and Website, while users and agencies can share on social media platforms. Sharing receives additional currency distributions. Account set up and referrals award currency. Users must be verified for additional incentives. Anonymous users mine at a higher rate to offset the social media incentive, we do not want to penalize anonymous volunteers.
How we built it
We used Dribbble and common apps for inspiration. Adobe XD and Figma were used to design the wireframe. For working and communication together we used Slack and Google Suite.
Challenges we ran into
- We started late and had trouble forming a team with the ability to contribute to development. So we decided to focus on the idea itself, developed it further with design thinking and worked hard on our vision.
- Creating “Unity” coin separate of BCH, as a way to support low-income users who need assistance but lack the funds.
- Time zone differences.
- Lack of blockchain knowledge and coding skills.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
Submission of an idea that we believe in.
Working on a vision we would like to share.
Creating the wireframe of the idea.
What we learned
We have to make do with what we have. Be prepared for a minimum viable product from the start and make what you can as rapidly as possible. Then use the additional time to improve the product and pitch.
What's next for Project Unity
- Business model
- Polish design, branding, and graphics
- Decide how to create “Unity” coin or stick to Bitcoin Cash?
- Organize a team capable of building an MVP
SLP BCH Wallets