Inexpensive aftermarket blind-spot object detection system.
Project Sona Prototype
Project Sona UI
Not everyone has a newer car with blind spot detection, ex. 2006 Toyota Yaris with terrible blind spots. We would like to offer people with older cars the opportunity to have the safety of blind spot detection for under $100.
- Inexpensive - Project Sona is less than $100 because it uses tried and true components and is 100% open source.
- Reliable - Using a topological network, Project Sona ensures that if one node is down it alerts the central unit so you can see what's happening in real time.
- Extendable - Easily add more nodes to increase resolution and coverage
- Expansion to autonomous vehicle platforms like comma.ai
- Plugin phone or camera for video capture
- Small, weatherproof, barnacle-like modules to attach to car
- Arduino Firmware (SPI, Serial, nRF library)
- Node.js Server (Express, Socket.io)