The cost of college tuition has been increasing exponentially over the years. The increase in costs also follows textbooks, even though newer college textbook editions differ very little. My goal is to change that!

What it does

My project parses through a PDF and finds the differences between texts via percentage errors.

How I built it

Using a PDF parser to store the values in one long string.

Challenges I ran into

Processing speed took a large amount of time because of the large amount of data.

Accomplishments that I'm proud of

Analyzed my data structure options in order to produce the best structure to store large data.

What I learned

More tools in the Django platform, and the integration of Less & Sass in Django.

What's next for Project Freedom

Increasing speed user ability and allowing others to post their PDF editions for comparison!

Share this project: