We saw this as a solution for a common request from our customers and in the marketplace.
What it does
The Cloudwell Calendar Overlay brings a modern calendar app to the marketplace, available in Microsoft Teams and SharePoint. Developed on top of Microsoft Fluent UI, our app keeps a consistent user experience for users.
How I built it
We developed the app in Visual Studio Code with React and Microsoft Fluent UI using FullCalendar as the core component we built on top of.
Challenges I ran into
- ICS creation for event download
- Recurring events
- Graph API permissions
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
We feel that we are bringing a much needed app to market that increases productivity by reducing the number of places a user has to navigate to view all of their events. Just as important, we provide a consistent user experience that does not disrupt or force the user to learn a different design system.
What I learned
- We learned how to construct ICS files and how to implement the Facepile component of Fluent UI.
- How to develop Microsoft Teams apps
- How to build a license model
What's next for Cloudwell Calendar Overlay
- Enhanced event creation experience
- External API integration for additional calendar sources
- Personal App integration in Microsoft Teams