We went off the themes, choosing "Happy at Home." We wanted a more visual way of organizing what we needed to do.
What it does
You can generate different types of notes, such as a task note with a due date, a casual note, and a photo note. These notes can be dragged around and pinned down anywhere on the board, just like on a real bulletin board! You also have the option of using a bulletin board or a poster board.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
The sticky notes disappear on a page refresh; however, the app is still usable without needing to refresh the page. Resizing an image is still a little funky, as the image will move a little while resizing if it is not pinned.
We also had an unsuccessful email notification idea (didn't work due to G Suite being a requirement and neither of us being administrators in an organization).
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- The CSS styling (gradient and shadows, specifically!)
- The drag and drop function for moving around sticky notes
- Creating a resizable image note with a maintained aspect ratio actually took so long, but it ended up working in the end!
What we learned
- The little quirks of HTML forms (such as radio buttons not unsticking?!)
- Front-end replacements for back-end functionality
- That hackathons are really fun (even virtually) :D
What's next for Productivity Sticky Space
Some possible changes we'd like to implement involve backend coding, including making the notes stick and sending out scheduled email/text reminders.