I was always eager for hackathons. A friend of mine sent me this hackathon from Twitter. I was quite eager to participate in this hackathon. I registered two days before the start of the hackathon without a team, once the requirements are shared, I chose App 1 as I thought I could complete it working solo. I was collecting every single requirement asking all my questions in the slack channel and attending almost all the live sessions. Completing this application would gain me more confidence, so I thought winning or losing is not important,I should go ahead and complete the application.
What it does
This is the App1, Pre-Assessment App for FSC certification. This application allows companies to self-assess whether they would qualify for FSC certification. This application uses Forest Stewardship Council data and interacts with Dynamics 365. This application uses a static user for Assessment. The steps in the application are as follows,
- Pre Filtering of Applicants
The company needs to answer questions for three filters to find out the scenarios which apply to them
- Likelihood for Certification This shows whether the company is likely or not likely eligible for remote audit
- Digital Checklist The company needs to fill in the digital checklist that is generated based on their scenarios. This includes translation feature which is implemented by Google Translation API.
- Risk Analysis The company needs to answer some additional questions
- Download sample documents The company can download sample documents to achieve compliance.
- Upload compliance data The company should upload documents for their requirements.
- Sign Data Sharing and Confidentiality Agreement The company should add a way for contact followed by signing the Data sharing agreement.(Docusign)
- Add Site Location on Map The company should add the location of their sites on the map.(ArcGIS API)
- Sign Declaration of Authenticity The company should sign the Declaration of Authenticity.(Docusign) ## How I built it
Initially, I started with the documentation and gone thorough Dynamics setup and I was learning how dynamics was working. Once that was done, I implement the solution and data given by FSC. Then I started creating the client application, my choice was Angular. Then, I started adding necessary data to dynamics. I also recorded the user response and stored in the Dynamics by creating a custom solution. I integrated Esri maps for locating the sites. I also integrated Docusign for signing of documents that uses Authorisation Code grant as authentication. And that is how I built it.
Challenges I ran into
I was new to Dynamics and took a lot of time to figure out errors from dynamics. Also, my trial got expired and I lost access to Dynamics, That was quite a mess. I had some confusions with the requirements and I tried to clarify them sooner.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
I have completely done this Application on my own understanding the requirements of a company, this is completely new to me. I am proud that I have completed the application.
What I learned
I learnt to build a complete application, complete the application on time, Dynamics web API and some communication skills.
What's next for Pre-Assessment-App
Pre-Assessment-App can have authorization feature to maintain user sessions. It can be connected to other two apps.