Have you ever just wanted someone to bring you that sweet take out so that you didn't have to crawl out of bed? Or to turn in that paper you spent the night writing so you could take your due rest as soon as possible? Or to wash that laundry you desperately have to do but can't waste another moment in your busy day for?
Well, we've had those same exact problems before, and we believe a lot of you feel the same way. So we created an app that connects busy people to people who will help them out for monetary compensation.
What it does
Connects people who need help with tasks and are willing to pay to those who want to earn money helping others.
How I built it
We used firebase for the backend, and used ionic to build the app for mobile.
Challenges I ran into
- NoSQL database design
- Learning a new framework.
- Managing git branches
- Staying awake
- Googling the right things
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- It's a pretty functional app
- The UI / Design is pretty legit
- Learned stuff
- Got free stuff
What I learned
- How not to do NoSQL database
- Sleeping on the first night was very useful
- ng-inspector is broken on osx
What's next for PorFavor
- Fix the poor database design
- Figure out why it only builds on one computer in the whole multiverse