Inspiration

Nintendo.

What it does

It's Wii Tennis

How we built it

Using blood, sweat, and tears. Andi wrote the physics logic for the ball motion, using pygame to render his values. Danny created the frontend using A-frame. Nathan took data provided by the phone client, made the server and meshed it all together.

Challenges we ran into

Andi learned to integrate acceleration over time. Danny has yet to configure the rotation of the ping pong paddle. Nathan encountered a bug that prevented the server from sending data to the client, for whatever reason it worked after sending it after a two second delay. Rachel needed to learn javascript and websockets.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

It works. It's ugly, but functional.

What we learned

Andi learned calculus and was introduced to Euler's method. Danny learned that he hates accelerometers. Nathan learned websockets. Rachel learned how server client interactions work.

What's next for Pong++

Completing it and refining it. Smoothing out the buggy accelerometer data, increasing the speed of requests from clients to server, auto-generating random keys for connection. For the frontend, the paddles and environment need to mirror real life to a greater degree, and physics needs to be more accurate, and predicted by the client faster.

Built With

Share this project:
×

Updates