Team: Smatter BABY
- While choosing an idea, one of us commented on hating how images don't go to a directory for images and that we have to consistently move it manually. Since it's a hackathon... it became the idea!
What it does
- This is a chrome extension that allows the user to organize whatever they download. The user specifies certain keywords or files that they want to organize when downloaded and where they want the files to be. As soon as you download an image, the extension automatically places the downloaded file in the route specified.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
- Running and validating user custom functions
- We had many problems during the later stages of the project. We had the data the user provided in the background and activated the script when the user downloaded something. Unfourtunelty, our js functions weren't able to run and we found a solution by mapping certain types to functions.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- First chrome extension!
- First time working with React
- A super powerful tool for downloading files.
What we learned
-Don't bite off more than you can chew. We made the extension very flexible and with multiple options, however, that gave us a lot of work and debugging to do.
What's next for Polybius
- Better UI (prettier)
- Better user rules with some level of restrictions
- Error checking the user given function more comprehensively