Inspiration

Pokemon and Tamagotchi! We wanted to combine the physical aspects of Tamagotchi with virtual renditions of Pokemon to create a compelling experience with augmented reality.

What it does

Allows users to translate Pokemon cards into a augmented reality environment and care for them as if they were virtual pets, a la Tamagotchis, and battle each other as if they were Pokemon.

How we built it

We used Unity, Vuforia, and C#.

Challenges we ran into

Many of us did not know Unity and none of us knew how to work with Vuforia, but we were able to overcome this through extensive research and trial & error. Additionally, version control was problematic because of Vuforia and our initial limited comprehension of it.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

We were able to accomplish a fully fledged mobile app that utilizes augmented reality. We were able to not only meet, but exceed our goals.

What we learned

We learned the fundamentals of game design in a limited time period. We also learned how to deal with version control and work with developer tools.

What's next for Pokemon-AR.

We are planning on expanding the database to not only make it multiplayer, but also include a vast variety of Pokemon.

Built With

Share this project:
×

Updates