What is Pocket Museum?
A small demo application I built for saving a gallery of your favorite artworks. Basic project for learning single page app architecture using Backbone.js and Rails.
Set Up (Mac OS X)
brew install postgres
- Install Postgres.app
- Create a
config/database.ymlfile. In it, paste the contents of this file. You can leave the username and password blank.
rake db:create db:migrate
The seed data contains a few Fat Cat Artworks to get you started, go ahread and log in with the following credentials:
email: firstname.lastname@example.org password: passw0rd
Login as that user to view some fat cats and start collecting your own.
How It Works
- Users can manage images and information about artworks into the database
- Users can edit their profiles
- Users can favorite artworks
- Users can appreciate renaissance cats
- Rails supports all server-side controllers
- Backbone supports all the client-side responsibility
- HAML Docs
- Backbone Docs
- Rails Docs
- Codeschool Backbone Tutorials
- Developing Backbone.js Fundamentals e-book
Pocket Museum is completely open source, intended as a fun way to learn how to build a single page app with Backbone and Rails - if you have any questions or concerns please let me know by filing an issue.
Ruby on Rails
This application requires:
- Ruby 2.0.0
- Rails 4.1.0