- We want to create a 3D interface for visualizing twitter traffic
- We want to visualize
- Browse hash tags
- Visualize frequency of tags
- Show real time updates
- Show images, video related to trending topics on Twitter
- Multiple people interacting at the same time
- Looking for the latest in fashion trends in the Bay Area - search for a particular product or fashion item like "new jordans" or "jimmy choo"
- display tweets which contain search term on map, simultaneously do photo search on the photo display
- select a tweet to see hashtags contained in that tweet, which are presented on the "hash tag display"
- drag any hash tag onto the map to see geo-located tweets which mention that hashtag
- see whats trending on google for "fashion"
- pull tags from photos to search tweets
- display tweets on the map where fashion items are mentioned
I'm traveling through the bay area and I am completely unfamiliar with the area. I download the app and use the app and bring up the augmented map and see the trending twitter hash tags as they happen, I notice that around the corner from me the word #livehousemusic trending I drag that hash tag into one of the 3 interfaces windows which brings up images as well as full tweets with that hash tag. From threre I can drag the images i like and transfer them to the pin board interface. I build a interactive montage of things that I might do.
- Pushing button for changing current pasteboard (0-4) If currently looking at
- Dragging and dropping entities from other boards (1 is tweets, other is pictures, third is hashtags/entities). Needs to be an entity class which generates text or picture from the asset that is streamed via WWW.
- Every time pasteboard item is interacted with, it triggers API call. Drop triggers add, pickup triggers remove. Move therefore doesn't need to exist.
- Scrolling map takes place while view collides with map (using centerpoint of viewport, cast a ray and determine which plane is intersected)
- Scrolling tweets takes place while moving joystick and tweet panel highlighted. Again, key idea is which board is currently being "selected" by looking at it.
- Items adhere to 3D cursor when they are selected (using X-y coordinate on plane to select). Can use jump, but an easing would be desired.