Try out our Minecraft server@ please.noticemesenpai.org
- At a previous hackathon, a participant (https://devpost.com/software/in-here-doom-qzj8si) submitted a motion controlled doom project. We wanted to make one for a similar purpose, but wanted a different game. We chose Minecraft.
What it does
- Controls a Minecraft character using your arm.
How I built it
- Python script on the dragonboard 410c reads accelerometer and button inputs and sends formatted data to a Java server running on a computer which converts the formatted data into button and mouse inputs.
Challenges I ran into
- Getting accelerometer data read by the dragonboard and processed in python.
- Sending data from the dragonboard to the front-end Java server.
- Formatting accelerometer data to be sent as readable commands.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Working with hardware for the first time as first-year computer scientists.
- Working with the dragonboard and sensors for the first time.
- Setting up web sockets with Java and sending key/mouse inputs to the screen.
What I learned
- Learned that dragonboards are a pain to use.
- Hardware hacks are very hard.
What's next for please.noticemesenpai.org
- Generalised XInput controller support for a large variety of games.