Our Revised Logo design
Almost done with the Webform interface
Designing the Layout for the questions
As an avid gamer, I struggled to find fun and relaxing games to play with friends. This problem made me think, what if there was a tool that allowed gamers to meet new people and play game you all like to play? As a result, I decided to combat this challenge. And soon, game-Mate was born!
What it does
Game-Mate is designed to ask the gamer a series of 20 questions geared towards popular games commonly found online (i.e. World Of Warcraft, League of Legends etc.) by answering each question to the best of the users ability the system begins to build a profile of games you are interested in. Based on a predefined list of popular games and game genres the system then tries to match your "gamer profile" with that of others who share similar interests. Plus, the system will list the top 5 most popular games that best match your "gamer profile" with that of other player's who match your interests.
How we plan to built it
Mission Goals and Objectives
- To introduce potential candidates into the world of gaming by developing an easy to to use interface.
- Create a unique environment where people of similar interests can be matched to each other and enjoy playing games in a collaborative, safe and enjoyable atmosphere.
- Build community from these newly established relationships.
- Sustain and enrich the community which is non threatening, non-biased and diverse.
- Establish a global network of enthusiastic gamers that can relax and communicate without regard to their everyday toils and struggles.
- Encourage gamers to refrain from excessive gaming and pursue a balanced and active lifestyle.
Challenges we ran into
Website through domains.com failed to linkup to the DNS server and CNAME exchange server for Google site and the domain we choose on Domains.com
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
Despite the time crunch, we made massive progress. Completed the Logo design. Taught team members about google sites and showed them how to use its features to build the website to house our creation.
The Plan and Implementation
We decided to use Google's free web site builder to design and house the content to include the web form/questionnaire.
What we learned
Allowing Accounts to be tracked on google through a google form is not supported due to google's privacy policies.
What's next for Game-Mate - The Automated Game Guru!
- Add a online presence system to detect players who are online.
- Build a Database that matches actual player (not dummy data) to that of other users.
- Much more ideas to come!