Calorie charts have existed for decades. However, most of them do not take into account the various special needs people might have. A diabetic person may not be able to have that fruit bowl they are prescribed to. Therefore, these special needs are what we care about and help you manage your diet while keeping everything in order
What it does
Our application helps you to have a better diet and immunity by telling you what you should consume and what you should avoid in order to keep yourself healthy while also boosting your immunity. Apart from this, we calculate the calories you should consume to keep yourself healthy and give some recommendations to keep your calorie budget to keep hitting the roof.
How we built it
We used REST API for the data related to the diseases. We used Adobe XD for designing the prototype of UI and flow of the application. NextJS is used for the frontend of the application with the Tailwind CSS.
Challenges we ran into
Adapting the API that can suit our need as per what we are going to build was the most difficult part while UI and flow was another task that we had to conquer.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Built an end to end app.
- Lists a plathora of diseases.
- See how your intake affects your diet at a glance.
- Calculates optimal calorie intake based on body type.
- Works with ample amount of cuisines and illness types.
What we learned
Teamwork, time management, NextJS, Tailwind CSS.
What's next for Plan My Plate
- Add login/signup to allow the user to personalize the diet for the week/month.
- Planning out the diet as per the calorie and nutrient quota.
- Keeping track of the user consumption weekly or monthly, displaying the user's diet statistics.