Local users of their communities can contribute their efforts and "pitch in” to reduce scattered litter. Users are helping to clean up the community one piece of litter at a time.
What it does
By incentivising people of every community to pitch in and pick up litter, we hope to preserve our environment for future generations to come.
- Download our app, and turn on your location services.
- Check out the heat map for areas especially in need of cleanup.
- When you help pick up litter, log it in our app for points.
- Repeat #2 and #3 enough times to receive a monetary reward!
How we built it
We used Python to parse and clean the data from government's website and uses swift 3 and google map api to build our app. We also have a website: http://i6.cims.nyu.edu/~dt1543/website/index.html
Challenges we ran into
Combining our app with google api. Team collaboration.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
Built up an app and a website.
What we learned
Swift, Teamwork, Time management.
What's next for PitchIn
- Extend the data set to include the whole city of Philadelphia.
- Model more cities.
- AI model for trash recognization.