Experiences and friends' experiences. The internet is a scary place, and you never know when you will encounter an image that you're uncomfortable with, or triggers your phobia.
What it does
Censors images you are sensitive to online.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
- Async issues and chrome extension being very confusing to work with.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
Defeating async issues Thank you to the two mentors:
What we learned
Chrome extensions, google cloud vision
What's next for Phobino
- Better UI
- Loading screen to better protect users from sensitive images
- Expanding to also detecting sensitive videos
- Can also be used for childproofing browsers
- Can be expanded to have each image optionally toggled to not be sensored
- Can change replacement images