We recently started a pathfinder campaign and could not find any good online resources for character management (or really anything), so we decided to just make it ourselves. We knew it would not fit into the time scale required of hackathon, but it was just a fun way to kick start the project.
What it does
This allows for us to have a digital copy of our pathfinder 2e character sheet and see in more depth what everything does.
How we built it
Java and maven. We each used different IDEs/text editors and collaborated over github.
Challenges we ran into
No one in our group had done any work on GUI so it was a learning experience for us all.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
I'm very proud of how we got the backend to function. In the end it worked exactly as it should, but we just didn't have enough time for front end.
What we learned
We learned a lot of java and most of the libaries we used. This was most of ours' first time doing any large work in Java or with Json.
What's next for (pf2ecs) Pathfinder 2e Character Sheet
We are planning on continuing development on pf2ecs until we reach a good release point, then allowing anyone to submit pull requests and solving issues.
We did not give ourselves enough time to edit the video so it's very unedited and raw. Hope you don't mind.