The idea was inspired by the ewb Challenge to solve some issues around parking spaces in the new Holligen neighbourhood Bern. We looked at some of the current mega trends like e-mobility and liberation of the energy market and wanted to solve all those issues with our solution.
What it does
ParQ is a smart parking space managing plattform that focues on e-mobility. We want to help energy providers utilize the many electric cars as batteries to help them normalize peak times in the energy market. For end costumers we want to make the access to charing stations, combined with parking spaces super convenient with the click of a button.
In this hackathon, we built an MVP that solves the main user journey of getting assigned a close-by parking space and booking it. The system already implements a first way of displaying the dynamic prices and navigation feeatures.
How we built it
We built a cloud-ready application with .NET Core / C# in the backend and Next.JS / React.JS in the frontend. We heavily rely on Mapbox to display the map interfaces and navigation. Everything is run on Kubernetes.
Challenges we ran into
- Not enough time to polish everything.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- We have a working prototype that solves the most basic user journey needed to create fast value to the stakeholders.
What's next for parQ
- Adding external APIs to create real dynamic pricing.
- Creating an admin interface to manage parking spaces.
- Add more functionality to the customer-facing application.